Practice focused on complex civil litigation and risk management counseling, representing businesses and individuals in a broad range of cases, including unfair business practices, trade secret disputes, officer and director liability, securities litigation, purchase-price-adjustment disputes, professional malpractice, business torts, class actions, and contract and real estate disputes. Experienced in all aspects of case management, including first chair of trials in federal and state court and in complex arbitration. Significant advisory role working with many firm clients to develop risk management strategies for litigation avoidance, and to assess liability exposure and settlement negotiations. Practice also includes management of litigation dockets for public and private companies.
- Biosensory, Inc. v. Bedoukian Research, Inc. 2007 WL 2221165 (D. Conn. 2007)
- Castro v. Old Republic National Title Insurance Co., 2007 WL 984215 (D. Conn. 2007)
- May v. Coffey, 2007 WL 1121748, 43 Conn. L. Rptr. 205 (Conn. Super. 2007)
- Stiles Manufacturing, Inc. v. Lestorti, 2007 WL 2099218 (D. Conn. 2007)
- AmBase v. SDG, Inc., 2005 WL 1860260 (D. Conn. 2005)
- Royal Insurance Co., v. Zygo, 212 F.R.D. 444 (D. Conn. 2003)
- 2003 WL 21960734 (D. Conn. 2003); 349 F. Supp.2d 295 (D. Conn. 2004)
- Pekera v. Purpora, 2002 WL 31319278 (Conn. Super. 2002), aff’d, 80 Conn. App. 685 (2003), aff’d, 273 Conn. 348 (2005)
- New England Estates, LLC v. Town of Branford, 2003 WL 23149950 (2003)
- Millward Brown v. Commissioner of Revenue Services, 2001 WL 1004244 (Conn. Super. 2001), aff’d, 73 Conn. App. 757 (2002)
- Doctor’s Associates, Inc., v. Casarotto, 268 Mont. 369, 886 P.2d 931 (1994), cert. granted, judgment vacated, 515 U.S. 1129 (1995), on remand, 274 Mont. 3, 901 P.2d 596 (1995), rev’d, 517 U.S. 681 (1996)
- Barry v. Posi Seal International, Inc., 40 Conn. App. 577, cert. denied, 237 Conn. 917 (1996)
- Complex and Multi-District Litigation
- Trade Secrets
- Unfair Competition
- Civil Practice
- 1987, Connecticut
- 1988, New York; U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut and U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
- New Haven County and Connecticut Bar Associations
- Partner, Wiggin and Dana, LLP, 1997–2008.
- Associate: Wiggin and Dana LLP, 1992–1996; Cahill Gordon & Reindel, 1988–1992.
- Clerk, Hon. Stanley Marcus, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1987–1988
- Member/Notes Editor, Brooklyn Law Review, 1986–1987
- Stamford, Connecticut